Turbocert CBT Nightmare

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by klickhere, May 7, 2007.

1. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

I will do just that. Thanks

2. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

I am absolutely feeling that

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

The shortcut you use to start the software.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

OK after wireless router issues, failed hardware and a host of other issues. I did (finally) try to install using the compatibility mode in both XP and ME...........Same Results:( I am still open to other ideas, thoughts, and Advil:D

5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

are you having other problems with your pc at the moment? cuz it could be something related to one of those problems, it all depends on what problems you are having

6. Daps

Daps New Member

Hi There,
    Try right clicking on the shortcut>Properties>click compatibility tab>select run this program in comp mode for: and chose windows xp sp2>> apply and ok and this should solve the problem.....worked for me

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Um.. <cough> this thread is about three months old now, so i expect the OP has either worked it out for himself or given up by now.

Thanks for your input though :biggrin

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Well even though it's an old thread (well not that old) I was going to suggest that he tried installing a fresh copy of XP onto VMWare Workstation or Virtual PC and then install the application on there. Worth a try if it's *still* not working. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  9. lsexton

lsexton New Member

It seems as if Turbocert simply disappeared off of the map. I purchased the approx. 40 disc training set about 2 years ago. Excellent material. I did have some problems, including the one mentioned by the thread's author.

Here were the 2 items that solved my problem.

1. First, make sure that you're using the Turbocert Player v1.9. I think the course came with v1.7 on most of the cds. I got a chance to download it from their website before they went belly up...

2. If installing on Windows Vista, you'll need to install using compatibility mode for Windows Server 2003. Windows XP compatibility did not work for me on Vista for some reason...

At least I got all of the courseware, even though they promised me that they would send SQL SErver2005, which was allegedly almost ready for release (the training).

Months later, when I followed up on the status, I found that the website had simply disappeared. The customer service email on my order turned up as "undeliverable", and they pretty much just seemed to vanish into thin air...

I'd be curious to know if anyone has the story on what happened to these guys...

10. lsexton

lsexton New Member

It was interesting (almost funny) when one posting mentioned trying the ME and XP compatibility modes. I tried all of those first, and then weeks later, just happened to come back and try again - figured - what about Server2003... Surprisingly, that option worked! I'm happy, as there is still much useful info in the training courses. It's a real shame that TurboCert disappeared. I was totally satisfied with the course material.

11. ABunning

ABunning New Member

Learnkey seem to have the same videos as TurboCert.

After having problems with the Turbocert, I bought the same pack from Learkey.
    Lo and behold - they were identical videos! What a waste of money!

Don't know if Learnkey has rebranded/bought over TurboCert, but it may be worth contacting their customer support.

www.learnkey.com

Hope this helps!