Transcender for 70-649?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Sparky, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Getting near the time that I might actually book the 70-649 exam so looking for some test questions.

There doesnt seem to be much available for the 70-649 yet which I guess is to be expected however the Transcender ones cost $200! Perhaps BM can help out here has he works in the industry to explain why they cost more than most of the other MS material on that site. Is it because it is a new exam or is it just a Transcender thing? :biggrin

The only other ones I could find were MeasureUp which cost £55 but tbh Ive never really been a fan of Measureup, its fine that they are bundled with the MS Press books but not something I would buy as a stand-alone product.

Anyone used the Transcender questions? worth the wonga? 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's probably because it's a compilation of three exams worth of material. Note that with the individual Transcender products (640, 642, 643), you're getting 160-something questions. With 649, you're getting 300 questions.

We don't have anything for 643 yet... but might you be interested in testing the Boson ExSim-Max for 640 and 642? After all, the 649 exam basically consists of questions from 640, 642, and 643. :) And best of all... no wonga!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

No wonga you say? :hhhmmm :biggrin Yeah, would be interested in the 640\642 testing.

Logged onto the member section of the Transcender site and they list $50 off the Exchange 2007 tests as I had purchased the 70-284 previously and they also offer a discount on the 70-648, but nothing on the 70-649. :rolleyes:

Tried the online chat\help and asked for a discount (worth a shot!) but was told to give them a call to discuss.

So I sent an email.... :biggrin :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, there is a small catch... in exchange for free products, you have to dissect them for errors, technical and otherwise, and let us know what you find. And we know from years experience that nothing - absolutely nothing - goes out perfect. :oops:

Check this post out and shoot me an e-mail message with your contact info. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!