Tranfering Broadband

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by philbenson, Nov 5, 2005.

1. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Decided to go with Plus.Net for the time being. Minimum contract only a month so if it doesn't work out I can do it all again in the new year. Only £21.99 a month with fixed IP. I can also have a .co.uk domain name for £1 a month extra.

Connection went live today. So far no probs.

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  2. GavinLP

GavinLP New Member

OK, so you've gone to demon. you could try e7even.co.uk - ok its a pay up front system but for £10 a month you can get unlimited bb, fixd IP, 75meg webspace plus lots more - currently running till end of dec - free double speed - sign up for 1 meg get 2meg for length of contract. they do 1 month, annual and bi annual packs! might be worth u looking.

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Not Tel$tra BigPond, that's who, I am stuck in a two year contract with 512/256 10gig cap for $70 per month and no fixed IP.

Think yourselves lucky guys!!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Just curious as to why you need a fixed IP address. I have Charter, and thier DHCP renews about every few months. But since I have dynamic DNS it's not an issue anymore.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Phil,

Glad to hear you went with PN. I have been with them for a few years now and never had any probs.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT