Training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by jon2k24, May 22, 2009.

1. jon2k24

jon2k24 New Member

Once again after endless internet searching and telephone calls i found a training company willing to fund my training, my experience with IT Dynamics wasn't bad just not the right thing for.
    JBC computer ltd in Coventry has thankfully offered to fund my 6 weeks intensive training for an advanced diploma as an IT Network Professional. Any feedback from anybody that has studied with them would be greatly appreciated

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hiya mate, what do you mean by "they will fund it" because that suggests to me someone is going to pay for your diploma. Is that correct or do you mean your paying for it?

A diploma will by no means guarantee you a job in IT. I have two HND's and I often leave them off my CV. I take it you want to get into Networking? Take a look at CompTIA's N+ certification. You can self study and its growing in popularity

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Are you sure you actually know what you are signing up to?

Why would a company whose sole job is to sell I.T training courses provide you with 6 weeks free training?

If the training really is free, i would check closely the price you are being charged for accommodation, meals and examinations.

The diploma they offer is not worth the ink they have used to print it, it is an in house certification issued by them.

Let me stress here that I am not against training providers, I use them regularly, but JBC tend to fall into the bracket of those idiots advertising on T.V claiming they will get you a 30 grand a year job after a few weeks training.

Please research this a lot more carefully.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.