Training CD's?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by bossa, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bossa

bossa Bit Poster

Could some one advise me ? I have seen a bunch of stuff of traing CD's on Ebay and was wondering if they are OK. One in particular Says CBT training CD/DVD, I asked the seller about the date and this is the replied :

2003/2005
    PC Repair and Maintenace 1 X DVD

A+ Core Hardware Certification Suite 1 X Disk

Linux+ Certification Suite 1 X Disk

Network+ Certification Suite 2 X Disk

Security+ Certification Suite 2 X Disk

He wants... £15 any good?

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Bossa,

There are a lot of training materials for sale on e-bay.

Unless the seller has made it, I would guess it is only licensed for the person who originally purchased it and shouldn't be sold on.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I agree with Boyce.

If he created it himself it may be good or it may be utter rubbish, I guess the only way to find out is to ask the seller him/herself (but then again if s/he did create it, s/he would say it's the best thing since sliced bread).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

i wouldnt trust them as there is no guarantee i would recommend transcender which is highly rated

WIP: A+,mcp.mcdst,mcsa
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

As stated above, beware of sales of this sort of stuff on eBay due to the potential for copyright violations... if that's the case here, then using them is no different than stealing a downloaded copy from a P2P site.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. bossa

bossa Bit Poster

Point taken Michael. There are some people selling of study packs they used to take A+ that have 2003 would they be any good?
    The chap on Ebay says his are CBT ,I assume thats CBT Nuggets and he has 4 sets ...?