Train Service

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Rob1234, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

This made me laugh BBC News - Train services cancelled 'due to heat'

They can not run trains when its too cold due to ice, they can not run trains when its raining cause its too wet and not they can't run trains because its too hot!!

I use to get that train everyday to work glad I don't anymore, realised it was cheaper to live in London then pay over 5 grand a year to get in late to London everyday.

Certifications: A few.
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Welcome to my world and my train line (I live in Colchester), luckily for me I didn't go into the office today.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I use to get the train from Ipswich, they dont provide the best service! I think I read some where that when the license for the trains run out National Express are not even allowed to tender for it because they made such a mess of it, dont know if that is true though.

Certifications: A few.
  4. martincrow

martincrow Bit Poster

That was really a funny news, i never heard that before about the train delay or cancellation due to heat. It is quite common delays due to rain or ice but it is amazing.