Traditional 3rd day report

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by ManicD, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Talking of RM, pain in the buts. We wont be using them for our new school network!! My main issue with teachers and their whiteboards is teachers somehow managing to change com ports rather than leaving it on automatic search!!

I work in an infant and junior school as the sole I.T. tech and in a way if I ever have a problem I am chucked in the deep end and have to learn it from scratch. For example I didnt have a clue about group policy 2 months ago or login scripts etc. Now Ive completely redone them for both my schools and I am allways trying to improve speed etc.

The school environment is also fufilling in some ways, interacting with the kids etc. Teachers are generally really grateful. Its nice to know you are appreciated. Good luck with your job!! :)

In my last job (my intern) year I worked in a heating manufactuer company. There was a guy from a non I.T. background who was the network manager and incharge of office and a part time report writer dealing on crystal. The part time guy had been in consultant I.T. rules, software managament roles as well as I.T. directors for large coperations.

Allthough I sat around alot, I learnt a hell of alot of these two and wouldn't be where I am today without the good reference and knowledge I got. Their network might be 'crap' but it also might be for a reason! As my last companies network was. Budget problems, lack of resources, time, planning, downtime as well as employee time to do the actual jobs.

Theres allways stuff to learn from other people!

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.