Toshiba laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Johnd76, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Hi folks, short story.......left laptop on floor (silly thing to do) and daughter stood on it, so now the laptop screen is cracked!!! its still usuable but things like this annoy me...

its a Toshiba Equium A100, is it worth getting a new screen or saving my pennys for a new laptop?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  2. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Ermm, get a screen of ebay mate its quite easy to do just a few basic screws at the bottom and it all pops off and u can just whack a new one in. Another option is too sell the laptop on ebay and state that it works but needs a new screen, quite a few people buy broken laptops to fix them and sell them on, I recommend a new screen though or for the moment plug it into an external screen and using the external monitor function keys (Normally fn and f6 on keyboard)

Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

cheers for the reply, had a look and found a screen for £80 and thats with postage and packing! so i might go for that

4. keithmoon

keithmoon Byte Poster

if your near me (pm me) il pop it in for you :)

5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Cheers for the offer but I'm going to do it myself.