TOOLS......

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 5cr3w8all, Jan 28, 2006.

1. unemployedstudent

unemployedstudent Byte Poster

Thanks people,

I suspected that a 'cheap' meter would be sufficient for my purposes, especially as I'm still unemployed, so the money is tight.

The ATX power supply tester is an innovative device and the link is an interesting read.

As for the snap-on tools, I bought a small zip case 10 piece PC tool kit for £5.00, which contains some (imho) decent tools. :iluvcf

Certifications: BAISA(hons) Degree, ECDL.
    WIP: A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA
  2. Baron210

Baron210 Bit Poster

Hi,
    Couldn't help noticing this thread, and I thought I'd just mention my preferred supplier of tools and various components,
    I've been using RS Components for some time now, the drawback is that you have to be a Trade member to buy from them directly, and have proof of owning your own business (be vat registered).
    I set my membership up under my wife's old business of Fantasia Fancy dress hire, But upon having completed Microsoft Certification and recently A+ and N+ (comptia), I may even decide to become self-employed as a Desktop support engineer, and so re-register under my own trade name.

Heres a pic of my MM (don't want to start a sort of MM envy BTW),

[​IMG]

I also use RS for crimp tools such as RJ45 and for making Ribbon Cables (40 - 50 Way 4 Hard Drives etc).

Certifications: Cerco CCSN comptia A+ & N+
    WIP: Cisco CCNA (Aiming for CCNP)
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

RS (Radio Spares) are the bees knees 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)