Time to start taking exams!

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by CJWelch89, Mar 14, 2014.

1. vafangool

vafangool Bit Poster

I just passed my 802. It was the same amount of sims. One was you had to do match control panel options to the correct version of windows. Set up email on a cell phone.

2. CJWelch89

CJWelch89 Bit Poster

As vafangool said it was roughly the same.

Cheers for all the congrats everyone and good luck with your exams!

Certifications: Network+, A+, ITQ 2
    WIP: Security+, Server+
  3. vafangool

vafangool Bit Poster

220‐802*Simulations
    • Change*Gateway*on*the*computer*so*it*can*reach*the*internet
    • Check*the*network*configurations*on*two*computers*and*see*if*they*can*ping*each*other.*Use* ipconfig to*check*the*settings,*ipconfig /flushdns to*clear*names,*ping*both*computers
    • Setting*up*e‐mail*and/or*Wi‐Fi*on*a*smartphone
    • Internet*explorer*keeps*taking*you*to*hacker123.com,*you*were*given*the*control*panel,*had*to* remove*it*from*"Trusted*Sites"*and*change*homepage*to*Microsoft*default.
    • You*have*to*go*to*System*Configuration(msconfig)*and*remove*"Generic*Webware 2.0"*from*start* up.
    • Put*the*different*versions*of*Windows*in*chronological*order
    • Bootmgr is*missing.*Use*command*prompt*and*type*"bootrec /fixboot“
    • After*virus*removal*customer*is*unable*to*retrieve*certain*websites*via*browser.*
    • Go*to*the*Control*Panel,*then*Internet*Options,*click*Use*default*Settings.*
    • Next*go*to*the*Connections*tab*in*Internet*Options,*click*advanced*connection*settings,*uncheck*proxy.. and the first one I said. Know that it's called printers and faxes in Xp.. and devices in 7..

4. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

I found that when I took my A+ exams. The book, although helpful was more in depth then needed in my opinion. It is a great reference tool though if you need a bit of clarification. The videos and the boson test software were excellent and after I've done my customary read through of the Network+ book I will be watching the videos and taking notes and purchasing the boson test kit..... money permitting!

Certifications: A+, MOS: Master 2010, Network +
  5. vafangool

vafangool Bit Poster

I agree but the passport version of the book was way trimmed down. The other Mike meyers a+ had way too much. .

6. oldmpmcitech

oldmpmcitech New Member

A very belated congradulation on passing your A+.

I doing the same as you. I'm trying to pass the Comptia A+ in 2014. Is the Boson ExSim stuff good?

old tech Md

Thanks

“If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm. ”

― Vince Lombardi

7. oldmpmcitech

oldmpmcitech New Member

A very belated congratulation on passing your A+.

I doing the same as you. I'm trying to pass the Comptia A+ in 2014. Is the Boson ExSim stuff good?

old tech Md

Thanks

― Vince Lombardi

- - - Updated - - -

A very belated congradulation on passing your A+.

old tech Md

Thanks

― Vince Lombardi