Thursday morning and another server disaster

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Davidh1819, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

What Zeb said.

Plus, his socks may still work at 6 years old, but I bet they stink to high hell, have been darned (ahem "patched") a few times, and are starting to look a bit worn.

Pull one of them over his head, stick the other down his throat, and tell the stingy bugger to either buy you a server, get you on a course so that you're equipped to deal with the issues they seem to unfairly be piling on you, or get another engineer that's willing to take some responsibility on his shoulders - not slide off like teflon-on-ice whenever the schnizz hits the fan, letting someone with less experience fight the fire.

But on the plus side, everything BM said - if you come out of this win, then it'll stand you in great stead. You can officially put server work on the ol' CV :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Nice one, fingers crossed for tomorrow morning :thumbleft

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Winner!!! :thumbleft

Technically, you'd have to stick the first sock down his throat before you pull the other one over his head.

Just sayin'. You don't want to get these steps out of order, after all. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

From the sounds of things, this guy probably has a big head. I'd be astonished if you got an average sock past his eyes. At a push. Or pull, as it were :rolleyes::p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

They ARE 6-year-old socks... probably quite sprung. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Keep in mind, this could happen again so be prepared! But good job on getting the other server up and running... Like Michael said, it's times like these that get you noticed and give you the experience you need to succeed... To be honest with you, I got promoted because I was able to fix issues that I wasn't supposed to touch... It's how I got noticed, had I just sat there and waited for a tech, I would of still been doing Desktop support no matter how many years I've been doing it for. Initiative is the key here! Good job!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Way to go mate. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Could be, the RAID might be on the way out if the server is running slow.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs