This is driving me nuts (NOT steering wheel )

Discussion in 'A+' started by Peter, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Morgalu

Morgalu New Member

Hi! This is my first post, so pardon any awkwardness on my part. I found you through Google, searching "Exception Information Code: 0x0000005 Flags: 0x00000000. . ." My problem is that it's not Internet Explorer shutting down, but "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." I read through the responses, but as I don't have a CD with Windows XP SP2 at my disposal, they don't really help. I've discovered I can use most programs by just ignoring the error window and pushing it to the side, but when I go online, I feel as if I'm using the Pony Express. I've also gotten similar messages pertaining to DrWatson Postmortem Debugger, Event Type: BCX. . . Things remain stable if I go in with a clean boot--but I can't go online. I ran SpyBot, AdAware, McCaffee VirusScan and nothing turns up! I'd be interested in what opinions or experiences you've had that are similar to mine. Thanks!

2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I'm not surprised. M$ Anti-Spyware is total crud. I scanned a PC with it the other day and it found no problems Adaware on the same PC found 100 critical files/registry entries. And Billy says they're working hard to improve Windows' security :rolleyes: .

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Morgalu, if you can look in the event logs and find what event id these problems have then you can do a search on eventid.net to find some info if it exists.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Good information, Nugget! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I'll second (or is it third?) advice to use eventid.net. That site is one of the best online resources there is for figuring out what the errors in the Event Viewer mean, and for possible solutions.

I use that site a lot when troubleshooting problems.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1