Thinking to take security+ as MCSA elective

Discussion in 'Security+' started by sovit, Jan 27, 2006.

1. sovit

sovit New Member

HI guys ,
    i am thinking to take security+ as an elective for MCSA . Do u think it's a good choice ? Does this security+ certificate hold good value ? Is security+ exam hard ? need some advice :rolleyes: !!!!!

Certifications: MCP( 70-270,70-290,70-291) ,CCNA
    WIP: MCSA ,CCNP
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

An exam is as hard as the amount of effort you put into learning the subject. That said, it could well be a good choice of elective if security is and area that you enjoy.

When thinking about what elective to take think about what you do in your current job role, or, if you're unemployed, what you think you'll be doing.

8)

3. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

I'm definitely going this route as well, doing XP at the moment, then I'll do 290, 291, 299, Security +.

Then CCNP..... what fun!

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I could be wrong here Pete, but if you intend to go for an MCSA, one of the client exams is mandatory, ie 70-210 (win2k) or 70-270 (xp). And I didn't see either in your list.

edit: I missed the ' I'm doing XP at the moment', doh. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada