Thinking about Exchange 2013 exams

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

Well it's been a couple of years since I've considered Microsoft exams. I'm considering the 70-341 now that I've got my PGCert and that I'm now deploying Exchange 2013...

For those that have done this exam, how did you find it? What resources did you use?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Not done it but its good to hear you get back onto the certification trail mate. I am still a firm believer in taking exams once you're up and running with your IT career. It's a challenge to yourself if nothing else plus I think it shows a person is willing to sacrifice their own time and potentially money to improve their knowledge. Sorry went off on a bit of a tangent there, good work mate, I might have a think about what I could do. I don't want to lose all of my skills now that I do something slightly different...

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Would be interested in this. I’ve done a few migrations now from Exchange 2007\2010 but looking through our helpdesk calls there isn’t much coming in other than the usual create mailbox\remove mailbox requests.

Not many issues with the new installs either so not had to do much troubleshooting! :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I started preparing for it at the beginning of last year... used the following book, technet, and CBTs.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. stalemate

stalemate Bit Poster

Late to the party, but currently attending a virtual classroom with Global Knowledge called Messaging Boot Camp (see sig) for the same goal, and I have to admit it is rather a big bite to take given my past Exchange experience was dated, to say the least.

The instructor mentioned that braindumps were not much help with this one and that he has seen a different methodology of testing than with previous versions. Mastering the material seems to be of equal value as memorization.

All right, back to Lab #13...

Certifications: A+, MobileIron
    WIP: MCSE: Messaging