Things your Other Half does that annoy you ....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Jakamoko, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well Guys, having successfully (and rather graciously, I feel) allowed my Missus to re-decorate the bathroom over the last few days, I was stirred into thought, and felt I had to make a post here.

So - what does your Other Half do that really annoys you ?

My answer (well, my first) is - using your tools then putting them back in the toolkit ALL WRONG !!!!!! :x

Please - add your thoughts and comments Guys. I expect this may go one of two ways, but it's all tongue-in-cheek (I hope - would be damn embarassing for the Admin to have to close his own thread :oops: )

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

How about asking for your opinion on a matter when she's already made up her mind. :tongue

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Or...
    Me: what do you want for dinner hunny?
    Her: It doesnt matter, you decide
    Me: No really, what do you want
    Her: I'm not fussed, you pick
    Me: Ok, Chinese then
    Her: No no i dont feel like chinese
    Me: Ok well italian then
    Her: noooo not italian again
    Me: Bangers and Mash?
    Her: how about mexican?
    Me: FFS YOU KNEW THATS WHT YOU WANTED ALL ALONG WOMAN!! LOL

and im SURE im not the only one :)

Also
    when she fetches my beer and pipe, shes always spilling the baccy and bringing the warmer beers shes just added to the fridge, ive tried to explain she has to get only the cold ones! bloody women eh lads?
    heh

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Breathes :hahaha

Only Joking,Love her really. :lovly
    Just a shame that they are from a totally different planet from us Men.

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  5. Jamin.

Jamin. Nibble Poster

6 little words -
    "Do I look fat in this?"
    Aaaarrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh
    There is no possable right answer / timing / facial expression etc.
    Jam.

Certifications: MCSA: Security! GCSE Nautical studies
    WIP: On a break.
  6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

How about talk to me when im home from work? The last thing i bloody well want to do when i come home from work is talk. Just let me sit and surf the web, play my game in peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh*

She also has a tendency to say the same thing, three different ways, one after another. I understood you the first time! i dont need it saying repeatedly.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Well, in the past 16 years of being with my wife, I've learned (the hard way) of how to get the last 4 words of EVERY argument:

"Yes dear, you're right."

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  8. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Well, I can help you with this one.

I married a woman so much better looking than I am I've always wondered why she married me. Anyway, about a couple of times a month I'll interrupt her when she's talking to me and tell how beautiful she is. She'll always say, "Like this?" meaning how she's dressed at the moment, and I'll tell her yes. Then when she asks me how she looks in something I just tell her, "Honey, you know I have terrible fashion sense and I'm the worst person in the world to ask." She already knows I think she's beautiful because I tell her that often, and so when it comes to clothes I can squeak by.

Well, maybe it is because I have no fashion sense, and she knows it.... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  9. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

If i don't decorate quickly enough ie she asks and its not done in 5 mins she decide's to do it when iam at work

This usually means i have to bin any paintbrushes, trays, etc and then clean the paint of the other walls in the house that she managed to cover "accidentally" :biggrin

:blink :biggrin :blink

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

These are all incredibly classic. Looks like women are the same the world round. BTW Freddy, you could make your "statement" right after the missus steps out of the shower. No "fashion sense" involved there, bud.

I am *so* going to be punished for that one. :tongue

11. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Yeah, I could, and do, but if it's done when she's wearing the clothes she uses when she works around the house then I can squeak by on evasion when she asks if she asks the dreaded, no win question. If I see her as beautiful then just how am I ever going to see her looking fat, no matter what she's wearing? I can just say my fashion sense is bad, which it is, and I'm off the hook. And I have a happy wife.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

blimey...thank god I am single...but when I am with someone I make sure I give her good compliments...sometimes I am cheeky with what I say but they know what I am like...I even tell all my female friends that they look good whatever they wear...or not wear even...haha

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  13. Pie Eater

Pie Eater Nibble Poster

If i had to place an answer on this topic..I would have to use a diff name incase she finds out....because they are sneaky and know your every move.....

Also everyone knows when you get married you become deaf.....and to really annoy them you just agree with them...because they will forget what they were asking/talking about.

sssshhhhhhh!!!! I was never here.....

Pie...I mean Unknown

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST
  14. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Come on Guys - some of you are wimping out here and not answering the question in case "she finds out". Get the truth spilled now !!! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  15. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

AHEM: :dry

ALSO: :cracking

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

The door swings both ways, Arroryn. What does *your* other half do that you find annoying?

17. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

lol. Absolutely nothing, sickeningly enough. I'm stoopidly foolishly loved up.

The whip was for 'women same the world over' lol.

Typical men.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA