The two most stupid pieces of news ever

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Jan 23, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7204635.stm

When will bloody political correctness crap end

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7204543.stm

aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

They have been. The fact that she lets him lead her around on a dog chain is none of their business.

Utter bullshit. How is it any different in danger to, for instance, bringing a stepladder onto the bus?

Personally, I back the complaint. The actions of the drivers are completely out of line.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. greenbrucelee

yeah what a load of crap

And as for the 3 little pigs thing who really unless they are dumb is gonna complain about that, what about my utter contempt for Linda Mccartney sausages and any so-called vegetarian meat made from quorn. Thats against my religion no ones standing up for me :(

4. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I read the human pet story earlier - it's a ridiculous story. The bus driver should not have tossed the girl off the bus. On the other hand, maybe the girl that thinks of herself as a "pet" could use a wake up call. Are leashed pets allowed on UK buses? Is that politically incorrect of me :ohmy

5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Perhaps people should just mind their own damn business? I know its something we humans find difficult to comprehend, but what two consenting adults allow each other to do, within the bounds of the laws at least, is of no concern to anyone else. So some people like bondage, or bdsm, or even being humiliated. What business is it of yours. Even the bounds of the laws can be too far to be honest. At one time, sodomy was illegal - and I actually think it still is in some US states. Again, none of your damn business what two people choose to do, so long as its not harming anyone (and no, your delicate sensibilities dont count as being harmed).

This sort of thing really gets up my goat. People dont like bondage/bdsm (and they are separate entities, lets clear that right up), and describe them as perverse. Utter shite. So im a sadist? so what? If I find someone up for what I enjoy, why should I feel ashamed about it? So long as the rules and boundaries between us are established, theres nothing wrong with it. You dont like it? Fine, im not forcing you to participate, hell, im not even asking you to. Nor watch. Piss off and let me lead my private sex life as I want to. So these women choose to show their preferences by wearing a dog collar, and being led around on a leash. Again, so f*cking what? They arent fornicating on the bus, making you watch are they? All they are doing, is holding a bloody cord attached to another person. Its exactly the same thing that mothers use to make sure their children dont run off. I dont see anyone crying about it being degrading.

[/rant]

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

You know what dude, I knew exactly what you were talking about just through reading the thread title. I read the report on the three pigs yesterday and nearly put my fist through my screen. This sort of shite really riles me.

I'm all for protecting people against unnecessary offence or hurt, great, but this is just nonsense, as it is always 'in case' it offends someone, based on absolutely no determinable fact that it will do at all. The people that sit there worrying about these kind of things, I almost feel sorry for them

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  7. greenbrucelee

Damn right Fergal,

Everyone can do what they want. Its not elses right to interfere.

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Well that's the stupidiest thing i have read in ages!:ohmy:blink

When I first read the title i thought the were referring to someone bring a dog onto a bus, but getting chucked off for what you were is stupid!:dry

As for the 3 Pigs, well that's PC gone Mad! What Becta, the government's educational technology agency should of done is employed judges from the asian community and ask them would the content be offensive.

It's like the St Georges Flag (BBC documentary)when they ask the asian community if they got upset seeing a st george flag on a car or in the street. Alot of them didn't seem bothered and was suprised the papers made such a big thing about it!:blink

Who are Becta and what relion are the Judges? :blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  9. greenbrucelee

The people who make these rules are the dumb &&£**ers that say we don't need the police and have nver seen any trouble or crime in their lives.

And basically there saying don't piss muslims off or they might bomb us, whos' actually being more offensive to muslims? the people that read the 3 little pigs to their kids or the people that say don't piss them off or they'll bomb you.

10. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

This is 'nanny-state' in action GBL, and its only going to get worse. With video cameras everywhere we even have to be careful what we say in private conversations nowadays, or at least be careful who we are saying it to.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  11. greenbrucelee

Yep I agree you can't do anything these days without someone knowing, and its the law abiding people who get the worst of it.

12. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

And the number of muslims who would be offended by this? I'm guessing somewhere in the region of zero.

Besides - I'll worry a bit more about offending members of one religion inadvertently when a local council bans the Cradle Of Filth t-shirt that reads 'Jesus is a C***'

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em