The recruitment process

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Aug 25, 2012.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hello all, long time no speak, im working my backside off fixing the TVs, but also keeping a look out for an IT role, hopefully one will come soon.

Anyway, my query is for my girlfriend. Shes just been through the process of going for another job in the company she is working for and by all account she can do the job with her eyes closed. Shes filled in the application form and had an interview as have a lot of other candidates. Now this company have said that they are extending this process as some application forms have not been filled in correctly, which as you can understand would make a lot of people rather miffed.

So does she have any grounds to take this further??? As i know from my endless filling in of application forms i was always under the impression that if you made a hash of it regarding details etc or that your spelling was bad for instance then im sure you would have your application dropped in to the bin.

Just wondering if they have done it because they are not happy with the people they have interviewed or something else, the email she got did say that it was down to incorrect details on the application forms of a number of applicants.

Cheers

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

To be fair there isn't much redress in this, it's the companies perogative to expand if they want to.
    I would be honest in saying that your girlfriends chances of the job are slim by the sounds of it (if they were happy they would have not bothered going outside the company).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. jm1

jm1 Bit Poster

I would agree with Simon her chances are slim as if they were happy they would not of expanded the search, Although she does have a chance as I've seen searches get expanded before to get a better level of applicants only to end up going back to the original ones.

I'm also not sure how this could be taken any further unless she wants to pee everyone off at the company, the only course of action here is for her to not moan about it and if the opportunity arises to mention how she still really wants the job.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012