The Last Day

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by tripwire45, Dec 5, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

...at HP, that is. It was a funny day. I knew that I had to at least try to finish this project I was assigned. I got pretty close, too. What stopped me is that I wasn't able to get all the material from source in time to generate the last few docs.

My counterpart, who had been out for a day and a half, reappeared this morning. Apparently, she had been suffering some sort of dizzy spells. Another curious thing about her is that one of the people I work with pulled me aside and chatted with me while our direct report went over to "talk" to my counterpart. I wasn't told what was up, but it seemed like she was getting some sort of dressing down.

Had a few nice chats and joke telling sessions with a couple of the guys there. I found out that one of the writers who works for one of our (HP's) vendors is distantly related to the HR person at the place where I start working tomorrow. He was also invited to apply for the job, but turned it down since, at the time, it was only a part-time gig. Small world.

I got done what I could get done, then organized my work, documented everything and made sure the right people could get to the unfinished bits. Most of the people I work with (the HP regulars, anyway) were off on a Christmas party offsite in the afternoon, but one of them gave me his cell and asked me to call him. We chatted about what was left to do, said our "good lucks" and that was it.

I said a few other goodbyes, dropped off my badge and parking pass at the security office, and left. Kind of anti-climatic, but I'd only been there a little over 2 months. Back to the old/new place tomorrow. I'm feeling a little like a yo-yo.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I'm sure you'll soon settle back into the "old" routine :biggrin

Good luck !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)