The Guide to Self-Study

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zimbo, May 19, 2006.

1. chrisbrierley

chrisbrierley New Member

Zimbo, you may have written this self study nearly 6 years ago but its spot on. Like so many i have been trawling thru the net on who to go with, searching reviews and so on. After reading this and numerous comments i have decided to go with A+ course and self study. Thanks for your opinion they really do count.

WIP: A+, N+
  2. Llew

Llew Bit Poster

Zimbo thank you for posting this encouraging and demystifying thread, it appears that I will probably be doing quite a lot of self study, but to be honest I felt a bit daunted when I saw th sheer volume of material out there. However you have made it possible for me to see the self study option as a realistic system, doing one cert at a time, breaking it down to easily (hopefully) achievable objectives, but ALSO.... reminding me that there are many well informed and qualified people out there who are more than happy to be my online tutor, through reputable forums such as this....

I have already tried the google / wikepedia approach, also gotten Mike Meyers' COMPTIA A+ guide from the library, also checked out other online resources, and also enjoyed reading encouraging comments on this forum from such as yourself, premier, helenporter and BM

I am so glad I took time to read your thread
    regards
    Llew

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: self learning until college starts, networks, basic COMPTIA elements, basic web design
  3. Ahmedr

Ahmedr New Member

might be going for the A+ & the N+ exams, I can't find a place where I can be offered the courses for that value, unless I take other courses with the which would add up much more money for things that I don't want to do.....so thanks a lot for this thread much appreciated!

4. Callisavana

Callisavana New Member

It's too nice thread i would like to commend on it it is helpful for every new user i hope you will post more threads related training and development

Certifications: MCSE. MCSA
  5. ITdreamer

ITdreamer New Member

excellent thread Zimbo. i have been looking into various methods of IT training for years but i have always bottled out because of the costs involved but i just happened to fall into this forum & what a god send & eyeopener!! i will definitely be taking the self study route, so with any luck i will soon be loking to this forum for help!!
    merry xmas everybody & here's hoping to an IT filled job market next year haha

6. frankcastle

frankcastle Bit Poster

If You can learn by yourself and excel in whatever you wish to do then I would say that your are a very knowledgeable person, someone who likes to dig out information from all possible means. A person having a great curiosity for knowledge and eagerness to study by himself is a great achievement and I appreciate that.
    best luck bro. :)

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: CCNA