The End of James Bond?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Jul 28, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Jude law looks about 12.

You want someone who looks like they've been through a few battles, a bit rugged and worldly.
    Jude law doesn't look like that to me.

Hugh Grant- do us a favour:!:

I'd like to be proved wrong, really, but I can't imagine him as bond.

Mr Wong - he's got potential.Maybe the next Oddjob.Mind you, with those teeth, maybe the next Jaws?

I'll go for Clive Owen.He's got the perfect balance of not being really butch, but being hard as nails all the same.And he has the right looks, and he's at just the right age.

I heard a while back that the policeman in Heartbeat (a UK series Trip) was being considered for the role.Not Nick berry, but the one who took over from him.

2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

No chance Flex...but I will agree with you on Clive...did you see the Bourne Identity? He did pretty well in that despite only being in it for about ten minutes before getting shot! But he has the looks, the moves and I do believe the ability to get the women! But still I wouldnt mind Jude just wait for Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow...now thats a movie and a half...check out the way Angelina Jolie speaks in that one...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Sure did, loved it :D

The next one's out soon as well..........

4. r4merlin

r4merlin Nibble Poster

I thought he was okay, not exceptional.

Still think Timothy Dalton was the worst.

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

She speaks? :blink

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

yeah im going to see the bourne supremacy next week
    and King Arthur rocked, definalty should be clive owen as the new bond
    sorry but Jude and Ewen are far to weedy if you ask me

and i didnt have a problem with Roger moore either :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Dont be too surprised Trip...it aint the way she speaks but the costume she wears in the movie...damn!

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I quite liked roger meself...but Sean is the best of the lot...hence doing similar movies like Entrapment and League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I also cant wait to see The Bourne Supremacy...hey do you think they may even decide to use Matt Damon as Bond? I mean you never know...he does well as Jason Bourne, John Michael Kane, Daniel Webb.....

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Too boyish and too American. I agree, Bond is a British phenomenon and always should be. It's part of the mystique...especially for the American audience.

10. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Personally I thought Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton where good as bond (Though Connery was the best). Supposidly Dalton came to being the closest to the character that Ian Fleming wanted bond to be and I thought he tried to play bond differently and it worked for me. The worst bond was that Aussie bloke (Can't remember his name) that bond film was pathetic. There isn't many British actors that would suit the part but again I think Clive Owen is the best of the bunch. Jude Law just doesn't fit the bill.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  11. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Connery was defenitley the best Bond, and Brosnan wasn't bad. I think Jude Law would be a bloody terrible choice for a number of reasons. SOme one I think would nbe good, and I don't think he's being considedred is Sean Bean. I think he's a preety good actor, and would fit the role.

Andy

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

How could we possibly miss Sean Bean? after all he has played alongside Brosnan in Goldeneye so he could well be in there but he did end up playing a villain in the movie. but I wouldnt rule him out either.

13. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I think the problem here lies in how do you turn an actor who was a villan a few movies ago, into bond this movie
    heh
    Sean Bean would be a nice choice though
    top bloke

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  14. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sorry guys catching this late on. I gotta agree the best JB was Connery but he was the first. Brosnan is pretty close to being the best, but i wonder if that is the special effects.

Can't beat the golf match in Goldfinger.

The rest made good enough films but you gotta keep it in thr UK I'm afraid. :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I assume you mean the actor who plays Bond and not the locales. Bond traveled all over the world and part of the adventure is his ending up all sorts of places. Probably the best two Connery Bond films were Goldfinger and Thunderball, though the rest were worthy movies. The exceptions were Never Say Never Again which even though it starred Connery, but one of the most un-James Bond films I've ever seen. No Bond theme...no classic beginning...and Connery was beyond the age where he really needed to play Bond. Also Diamonds Are Forever didn't quite make it for me. I just don't think Jimmy Dean was a particularly good bad guy.

16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Found a few interesting things:

This one says Brosnan *wanted* to make a 5th film:
    Click here

and I found something called Bond 21 which seems to be a collection of article speculating on the 21st James Bond film.

17. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

You hit the mark there Trip. I was talking about the Actor. The film has to be "worldwide" otherwise it wouldn't be James Bond.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  18. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

The accent you were referring to is "Cockney". :)

And yes his accent was terrible in the film. :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  19. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Yup, I know it was meant to be Cockney, but man, it was laughably bad !!! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I remember seeing an old episode of the Outer Limits TV show from the early '60s. This is before Star Trek was ever a dream in Roddenberry's mind. James Doohan (Scotty) played a Los Angeles police detective. The American accent wasn't too bad but if you listened closely, you could tell.