The End of James Bond?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Jul 28, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Brosnan says Bond is 'behind him'

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 Posted: 10:13 AM EDT (1413 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Pierce Brosnan appears to be turning in his license to kill, says Entertainment Weekly.

"That's it," Brosnan told EW.com. "I've said all I've got to say on the world of James Bond."

In an interview on the magazine's Web site, posted Tuesday, the Irish-born actor said 2002's "Die Another Day" was his last mission on her majesty's secret service.

"Bond is another lifetime behind me," Brosnan said.

But the 51-year-old's statement might be a negotiating ploy. Original Bond Sean Connery quit for a whole movie before being lured back for bigger bucks.

If true, England-based Eon Productions, which produces the Bond flicks, must find another star to carry 007's Walther PPK in the 21st Bond movie, scheduled for release next year.

Speculation surrounds Brits Clive Owen, Ioan Gruffudd, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Gerard Butler, Jude Law and Ewan McGregor, as well as Aussies Hugh Jackman, Heath Ledger and Eric Bana.

For Brosnan, playing Bond will always be a fond memory.

"We went out on a high," Brosnan said, "and I look back affectionately at that time and doing those four movies. But I've said all I gotta say on it."

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Yup, i thought it was known before he did the last movie that it was going to be his last, atleast thats the gist I got
    I doubt it will be the end of 'bond' though :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Oh, God Forbid - next we'll have Nugget up for the part..... :blink

"G'day, Miss Sheila-penny. Ice cold VB comin atcha *tossed* not *thrown* 8) "

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

LOL@Jak! :D

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

ROTFLMAO @Jak

Hawnestly maite, oi daaan't kno wheer yoo git yoor oideeeas froom.

Thank goodness that he's finally gone.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Huh?? :blink

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I think your best bet here, Trip, is to think of Dick van Dyke in "Mary Poppins". Possibly THE worst pseudo-English accent ever heard on screen :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Is that flemish?, dutch? or maybe afrikaans?

Sounds familiar :hhhmmm

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

See....it's not just *me*.
    :dry

10. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

LMAO:!:

I'm not going to read this thread again, I'm laughing myself silly too much :p

Or maybe I will..................... :D

11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

The name is Bond, James Bond
    [​IMG]

It's such a fun line to deliver.

12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Dont you guys remeber when he first started out as bond he was only pencilled in to do four movies...Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day. Now if you ask me I had fair idea he would quit as Bond after Die Another Day as it was always rumoured he would. and I think it should be either Jude Law or even Ewan McGregor as the next James Bond...I am not too sure about Hugh and Heath though....and Eric Bana? No offence mate but it should be British only after all Bond is British.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  13. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I agree with Noel Bond should remain british. You can't have an aussie playing a british secret agent (We tried once and look at what happend bond got married :blink ). I thought Brosnan signed up for 5 bond movies :rolleyes: . I wouldn't mind seeing clive owen as bond. All the other mentioned are either too weedy or non-british.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  14. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

There is only ONE James Bond. A Scot by the name of Sean Connery.

The books (I have read then all) are MUCH better.

15. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Methinks Sandy has a thing for our Sean....I would also go for Clive Owen too...

16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Let's see: Clive Owen:
    [​IMG]

Jude Law:
    [​IMG]

and Ewan McGregor
    [​IMG]

Which would be the best Bond?

17. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well unless its the PC at work I cant see the photos of Ewan and Jude...but so far I think Clive could do it...but by far the winner for me will be Jude...just check out the looks he has the suaveness of Mr Bond...dont u think?

18. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

noelg24

Mine tooooooo

Keeping in the Scottish theme Ewan McGregor would be good. But it is not his style. :blink

19. r4merlin

r4merlin Nibble Poster

Hopefully not. With a bit of luck it could be part of a bargaining plea. I think Brosnan has taken Bond into 21st Century, keeping all the classic Bond traits such as the humour.

The biggest waste of space in my opinion was Timothy Dalton, he almost ruined the entire tradition as far as I am concerned.

I agree it should not be an Aussie, should keep it in the home terrorities. Also I don't see Hugh Grant pulling it off somehow, but then I thought David Jason could never pull off a Touch of Frost. You can't underestimate some of these actors I suppose.

But long may it live.

20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Hopefully, I fixed the photos. The secret to "pulling off" Bond is to have an actor who can be both tough and suave. Connery leaned more towards the "tough" image with a touch of suave while Brosnan was more suave and worked at being tough. The others never really managed it, although I thought that Roger Moore was the worst of the lot. The rest were "ok" although I did enjoy seeing Diana Rigg in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" since I was a big Emma Peel fan.
    [​IMG]