The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by onoski, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

Its from the original Batman movie, not my saying!!! Nicholson was so good as the joker, he's got all the best lines in that film, At times Michael Keaton was out-acted by the batmobile he was sitting in.....

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I have got my preview tickets booked and then Imax tickets booked a week later!

Batman Begins fits what Batman was like in my "head" none of the other actors (or even the 90's cartoon) gave that sense that Batman is driven, psychotic and will do absolutely everything he can to achieve his goal short of kill you. He is not a nice guy.

Bale was the first one to really nail that in my head, GBL go rent/buy it in my opinion best comic book film ever made.

Just counting down the days.....

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

It's just a pity we get remakes of the same stories - would rather they just acknowledged what has gone before and developed new storylines with other Batman villians

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

The trouble is UKDarkstar they wasted a lot of Batman's villians in really bad movies directed by really appalling directors, although I did enjoy Jim Carey as the Riddler, I thought that was a pretty good casting in my opinion.

After batman returns it did lose the plot a bit......

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

How I envy that was me, but hinted the misses that I'd want to see first at the IMAX here in the UK:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

That's a good point as I would love to see a remake concentrating more on the villians too:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
  7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

OMFG, all I have to say is, I'll be watching it again tomorrow ;)
    $9 is cheap at twice the price!

Let me know if you need a movie buddy Jim, I'll be seeing it again more than once I imagine! :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Lucky you, sure it lives up to expectation and beyond:)

9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Gimme Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy or Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman any day ! :D:biggrin:D

10. Gingerdave

To be honest I am glad they are remaking it, especially considering the farce that Batman forever and Batman and Robin unleashed upon the world.

My understanding is that this film is not a remake of the first Tim Burton one, it is not the origin of the joker he is just there. The Analogy I hear often is that he is not the focus of the story he just is - much like the shark in Jaws. There is no Back story to him, no origin tail he just causes chaos.

I saw the IMAX preview at christmas when I went to see I Am Legend and I cant wait for this film.

Edit: Phoenix I take it this film is good then?

11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I paid £12.50 for a special advanced showing next wed night at 8pm. Its the only showing of that night. It's the most I have paid for any cinema ticket and I aint even in London...I am in Newcastle :blink

I do wish I was in London and I would so book to watch it at the IMAX. That would be an awesome experience. One of these days I will watch a movie at the IMAX in London but what movie that will be I do not know yet.

I will be posting a review on youtube of The Dark Knight by wednesday night. So look out for it. My youtube link is www.youtube.com/Noelg26 and do check out my other movie reviews on there. Tonight I will be going to see Wall-E which should be fun :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  12. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Don't worry Noel, I would be booking this to watch it at the IMAX in London and would give feedback on the 3D:) experience and vice versa.

I must say £12.50 for a cinema ticket at some where in Newcastle is a lot, must be posh or something?

13. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

IMAX in Bournemouth closed down :(

14. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Ryan, how about we wait a week or two so the crowds will die down. Nine dollars...for the regular movie theatre? :blink It didn't cost that much to see Iron Man. :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  15. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

The price probably scared people off too:), not to worry sure you can still see and enjoy the quality of the movie in a cinema.

16. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I'll see it again in a few weeks too, I liked it THAT much (I haven't paid for movies on a per movie basis in the UK for 8 years, so its a shocker!)

The afternoon showings are cheaper I think, but the Boise Edwards was 9 bucks for the midnight batman, they must of made a killing, had about 4 screens showing it all full up!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  17. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Posh? pah! as if...they wish it was posh...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  18. Gingerdave

I did the midnight thing for Batman Begins when it came out over here, and I have to stay it was brilliant, the cinema is full of Muppets playing on their phones and talking all the way through.

I have similar preview tickets to Noel, except I will be seeing it in Leeds - Really cant wait now....:p

19. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

We could probably meet up at the Edwards on Overland in Boise sometime during the week after work (my work, that is). In a week or so, there shouldn't be the crowds.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  20. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Anyone else seen this yet and maybe give a partial review without given anything away:)?