That Friday feeling (again) ....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UKDarkstar, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im selling my road bike, just cant get used to the riding position, im a mountainbiker through and through.
    I done all my gearing a few days ago, it took less than an hour to change cables and set gears back up, i was well chuffed :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

In bristol we have Pedro Bessa

Will check out that link. Thanks

Raffaz- I know what you men about the riding position. Its taking some getting used to for sure

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Writing CCNA Voice explanations. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Beer and F1 for me :biggrin

Perhaps some Exchange 2007 stuff as well.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

I spent the work day imaging some PC's using WDS, and doing some general tidying, before going home to the family.

Tomorrow - Karate lesson with my daughter in the morning, followed by looking into making WDS a bit faster, and troubleshooting a random issue we are having with it. Then I've got a laptop to take apart for someone, to try and get the power connector back into position.

Sunday - a bit of reading, resting and xboxing.

Certifications: HND Computing
  6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

at work!

7. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

Today
    been playing with SUS server, looking at IPSec still, videos on DHCP, pen & paper on sub netting again
    over & over & over :rolleyes:

Plan to watch House of Flying Daggers is on at 21:00 try my best to carry on with study after it

Over weekend will build WSUS, Look again at DNS, IPSec, Remote Access.

Try and leave the house get out on bike and breath some fresh air plus some xbox over weekend to Tho Vale
    have sodded up there update.

8. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Been doing a bit more tinkering with the Zaskar MTB, also been trying to find some cheap parts on ebay for a little BMX build project im currently doing, its centering around a hoffman butcher frame, cant wait to get back out and do some dirt jumping :) Ah the good old days. . .

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Lots of writing this morning. Kind of cruising quietly through the afternoon.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Friday was technically the last day in the office, before a glorious week off.

So I went out, and drank mucho vodka, some lager and had a real hair-letter-downer.

So this morning I was up at 6, making sure users didn't have the wonderful Etisalat patch on their Blackberrys, then been doing some work on the login scripts with Xena on my lappy to keep me distroccupied.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  11. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

What style of karate?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Shotokan. Absolute beginners level. Yesterday was my second lesson, and despite feeling like I've been run over with a steamroller, I'm really enjoying it.

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Didn't you cut your hair? :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. Kitkatninja

Cool, Shotokan is a great style, I went up to Shodan in it before moving over to another style (there weren't any Shotokan classes in the area that fit within my work schedule).

You just wait until you have to do stances like kiba dachi & Hangetsu Dachi and the higher katas like Empi, kanku-dai, Jion, Ji'in, etc :)

What shotokan club do you belong to?

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  15. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

I'm with TISKA Corby, with Sensei Martin Kilsby. My manager and his family have been with them for
    a while and recommended going. I'm enjoying it but the stretching and stances are a bit of a culture shock. Still, nothing extra practice won't sort out. My daughter just seems to be a natural.

Shodan - Thats first Dan black belt isn't it? Thats a long way off, if ever for me. What style do you do now?

16. Kitkatninja

Yep, Shodan is 1st Degree black belt (2002). I transfered to Freestyle was award my 2nd Dan with them, but I stopped a few years ago (2004)...

TISKA is an excellent association, that was the association that I was with. I use to train in Kettering under Sensei Gursharan Sahota and Market Harborough under Sensei McKay.

I have to say the big shocks for me (when it comes to belts) were the following: White/Blue, Brown and then Black. Maily because white to Purple & white were in one session, brown to black were in another session and then black belts had their own session, on top of that :)

On the odd occasion we had weapons training, which was the Bo (for all grades) and the Sai (for Brown belts & above), those courses were both fun and interesting.

-Ken