Thank You!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Feb 21, 2007.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

PC Technician Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to CompTIA A+ Skills by James Pyles

PERFECT FOR NEW STARTERS AND ADVANCED USERS ALIKE!!!, 19 Feb 2007
    Reviewer: Mr. W. Mustapha (Newcastle, UK)

I havent read the book all the way through. But have checked some of the scenarios and its all down to a PERFECT T!!!

This book is for anyone (and I mean anyone) who wants to get started in IT or just how to build or repair PCs.

Everything is detailed out the way it should be and you wont be stumped with all the jargon either.

I will recommend this book to anyone who wants to know about computers and how they work. TOP NOTCH!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/0470084588/ref=s9_asin_title_1/026-9605727-1953237

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Whilst you mention Amazon, can I point people to this link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Network-Adm...ef=sr_1_6/203-1264717-2291918?ie=UTF8&s=books

A lot of people on here recommend new starters to do the A+ and N+ track, but it's hard to translate this knowledge in to real life. Trip's book helps on the first count, without a doubt; but I also picked up the Network Admin street smarts, and I have to say, it's also an impressive and useful read.

AND if you buy them both together you get a discount. Can't go wrong, can you? :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Although I don't see the discount for buying two ( £13.19 + £13.19 = £26.38 ), I'd definitely recommend Trip's book.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Trip my friend you are most welcome. I shall be using it as a reference from now on as I know it will come in handy :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Ive got them both aswell, havent had a chance to look at the networking one yet tho, im sure it will come in handy in the future.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

I've just purchased the Network Administrator Street Smarts, looks like a good read and could do with some extra knowledge when I 'Finally' get a network admin job.

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  7. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

So i was looking through the computer books in my local bookshop the other day, and happened to come across your book. Had a flick through it and it certainly looks quite good, and quite well laid out.

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Thanks. I always get a little excited when I see one of my books in a book store. :)

9. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

careful now trip...sounds like u almost meant that :biggrin :twisted: :blink :eek:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I don't mean it like that! :blink :oops: :tongue

11. BosonMichael

Admit it... you WOULD mean it like that if, right in front of your eyes, someone picked up that book and took it to the cash register. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Are you kidding? I'd offer to sign it. :biggrin

13. BosonMichael

You know it!!! :biggrin

14. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Man I remember when the Master Visually Windows Server 2003 came out and I saw it in a book shop
    even I got excited, and started telling everyone 'i know that guy, buy the book damnit'

My missis gets a good giggle out of it because i STILL do it, LOL

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0