Testing centres in London

Discussion in 'A+' started by Flamehearted, May 12, 2005.

1. Flamehearted

Flamehearted Nibble Poster

Good Thursday all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best testing sites in London ? Are some better than others ? Are there any "dodgy" ones ?

Specifically does anyone know of / used the testing centre on Mitcham Road in Streatham ? Are they above board or dodgy ? :D

Thanks !

martin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

are you looking for testing or for training?
    testing centers are generally the same, they are requried to be, however professionalism still varies from site to site
    although the mitcham lane one is closest to me (i live in streatham) I tend to go into holborn for my prometric test, it used to be one down marlybone lane but that closed, so now i use one from the same company (parity) in high holborn (59 bus all the way from my house)
    i tend to go to lean toward a more professional one than the streatham one sounded at last glance, but thats just me being cautious :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Flamehearted

Flamehearted Nibble Poster

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for your reply. I want testing as you assumed.

I think I might try parity as well then - although the Streatham one is closer to me. I'm just as over cautious as you - hence the post :(

59 bus.....is that the old 159 that I used to get to Uni ?

Ah ....things arn't what they used to be....

I might give patiry a go though if you recommend them.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

no the 159 still runs between Streatham Garage (Go Kart Track) and Marble Arch
    the 59 starts at Brixton garage (Streatham Hill, right next to my house) and goes to Euston via Waterloo, Holborn (follows the 159 router as far as Imperial war museum, I get it every morning to work lol)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Neil_EvansUK

Neil_EvansUK Bit Poster

Hi guys,

For my sins I work on Dury Lane half way between Covent Garden and Holburn. Is the site you mention at Holburn purely a test centre or is there a training site there or nearby?

Works offering me some time off and paying for either small block or maybe day-release or similar.

If anyone can suggest somewhere round Holburn area it will be greatly appreciated.
    (Will earn you a beer in my favourite Dutch bar I look out onto....)

Cheers
    Neil

WIP: Need to look at MCP/MCSE sbs 2000