Testimonial to CF

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Cockles, Nov 13, 2007.

1. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

Perfectly phrased.

As someone who started off as basic user and only got into the techie side of things as I left the army, I feel that getting some hands on was the making of me. It is at this point I point out the only formal cert I have at the moment is a C&G level II in PC Maintenance and Repair.

Other than one MS course (never did get round to taking the exam) all my knowledge is either self-taught ... or, and this is an important one, peer-taught from sites like this. There will never be a single place for all knowledge but this place is a fantastic place to kick start things and help you find where to get all the info you need.

Now all I need a few extra hours in each day to do some more studying.

2. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i think i remember reading about those in books :hahaha

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Nice report. Thanks Cockles.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's surprising, because back then, we only had stone tablets. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

No worries, thanks chief. Just hope it can come in handy for anyone pursuing a self-study route. :D

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Me? how exactly? hehe...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Hi Cockles, congratulations on getting to grips with PC building and maintenance! I also found the Meyers book very helpful, and also the book by Scott Mueller (I think now at the 17th edition) indispensable. I used to be a software developer and never looked inside a PC until relatively recently. I learned by working on real machines, my own, and also for friends and family. I put some of these projects, including photos, on my web-site :-

http://www.rossua.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wsruacsc/apcert.htm

The ones that were most challenging were repairing a completely dead PC belonging to my sister which had been downed during a lightning storm (a modo+PSU replacement), and repairing my own laptop. With the latter I found google very helpful, as even the manufacturer's tech support could not explain how to open the case up!

Best of luck!
    Ross.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA