Test question

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Raffaz, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im just having a mess about with some test questions. And i dont understand one, so can someone explain this for me.

The question states that, someone has updated a mouse driver and the mouse doesnt work now. The correct answer is to use roll back feature which is fair enough. But how can you do that when the mouse doesnt work? The answer states that you double click etc, so they arent using the keyboard.Cheers

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, it's sorta hard to double-click if you can't control the mouse.

You could restart your computer into safe mode, then roll back the driver... as long as your mouse will work using Safe Mode's generic driver.

Might I ask what company your questions are from? If you're uncomfortable posting it in the open, shoot me a PM.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Raffaz

Its actually on the MS press disc that comes with the 70-271 exam. 2 of the other answers involve using the mouse aswell, and the final one was a clean install which is what i selected because i thought it was the best solution out of the 4, because of the fact that the mouse didnt work. I hope they arent like that in the real exam :cry:

4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Yeah that is wierd one... dont forget that for anything drivers related first roll back the driver.. then use Last known configuration. Also the questions in the exam are clear unlike this one! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Reminds me of this error message...

“Keyboard Failure – Press F1 to continue” :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. BosonMichael

I agree with Zim... on the live exam, there won't be any question as to what the correct answer is. Microsoft's pretty good about that sort of thing.

You'd think that the MSPress questions would have gone through an edit to catch stuff like that. But I've not seen a perfect practice exam, even those I created. As long as you understand the theory behind it, the practice exam has done it's job to train you well enough to pass the exam.

That said, the MSPress explanation should have discussed Safe Mode and/or Last Known Good (of course, LKG won't work if you successfully boot...).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. Raffaz

Just had a look at the questions and they are by measureup, is that part of MS then, saying as they came with the book?

8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It's quite often the case that the right answer ie the way I would fix the problem is not listed as one of the answer options.

For a start, since W2K I never bother with mouse drivers, plug em in and start using them.

If for argument sake I did install a mouse driver and the mouse stopped working, I would use the keyboard to roll back the driver.

You can do almost anything with a keyboard that you can do with a mouse and it's good practice to get used to it.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. BosonMichael

Nope... MeasureUp is owned by Dice, not by MS. MeasureUp is one of Microsoft's "official exam providers", like SelfTest.

10. BosonMichael

That's not the point; the explanation said to double-click. You can certainly activate an icon with a keyboard, but try as you might, you won't be able to double-click with a keyboard.

11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I have a left click button and a right click button on my media centre keyboard, so you are wrong :p

12. BosonMichael

You are the exception, my man. :onthePC

13. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That's not the point; what you said to me was wrong. :dry

14. BosonMichael

Wrong for you; right for most everyone else. :rolleyes:

15. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You just can't admit you were wrong - it must be hard for a vampire to admit defeat I suggest :twisted:

16. GW

GW Byte Poster

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA