Test Out A+ Material

Discussion in 'A+' started by Mr.Cheeks, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Hi all,

Has any one used the Test Out cd-rom material for A+?... and has anyone got any comments on this?

Test Out A+

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Never heard of them.....Not necessarilly a bad thing though!

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

umm i looked at testout with a friend.. not worth it IMO.. learnkey is much better and its by Mike Meyers! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Mr.Cheeks

I agree with LearnKey, i know a tutor who has it but whether he can help me out is another question, and with regards to Test Out, my mate has it so i will be getting it... :D

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i dont know about you but training videos are very watered down.. to me they replace classroom work given by training providers... i mainly use books but if you enjoy videos then why not.. just remember the videos wont have every piece of info in them! :dry

6. Mr.Cheeks

Good Point! At least i will refresh my mem on some of the older topic and i might learn something which i never knew about, well thats what i am hoping anyway...

If i cant get the LearnKey, then i guess i'll use this...

For me, this will be better than actually reading, which i found was easier aswell, i might not watch all of the video but definately would be listening to it...

7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

HANG ON! you are using a book(s) right? which one? :rolleyes:

8. Mr.Cheeks

Eeer not as yet... :oops:

I have just started to do a course in A+ foc in the evenings 2 days pw, so im going to let it roll for a month before i decide to get the all in 1 Mike Meyers book from Amazon, plus i have to do an order later for a ps2 remote controller aswell...

Its been such a long time since i've read a book and im scared to read!!!! :cry: well with the exception of certforum, cuz this place just :rocks:

9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

just keep in mind not to drag it on too long.. there is a rumour that an upgrade for a+ is due so keep your eyes glued at comptia's site and get the book ASAP its huge and will take a while to read!

10. Mr.Cheeks

i know about the change from CompTIA, im just need to find out if MM is going to revise his book and the release date, if it soon i might wait, if not, i'll just get it...

11. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i would just get it... i dont see an update till oct/nov - i say this because comptia hasnt said it offically only off record and they need a few months to beta - so i say get your book.. an old pc and get cracking cause its a long but fun ride with mike! :biggrin

12. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I had a gander at TestOut and thought it was excellent.There were oodles of OS simulators,hardware and software labs and just about every subject was covered to some degree.I'm not sure how well it works (I'm using CBT Nuggets for the video training) but it looked pretty damned good from where I was sat.Give it a go,see if it's the right material for you and most definately purchase MM's book,'tis the A+ book to get.

Certifications: A+ Network+