Test Centre closed

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by steve_f, Oct 1, 2008.

1. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

I had an email from Prometric saying that I would have to call them to reschedule my 290 exam, as the test centre I'd booked had closed permanently.

I thought this would be a pain, but I called the 0800 number for Prometric given in the email, and it literally took 2 minutes to get the exam rescheduled (and to somewhere even closer to home for me!!)

FYI This is the place that has closed:
    ALPHA CONSULTING SYSTEMS LTD
    121 WOOLWICH ROAD
    GREENWICH
    LONDON , GBR

It's a bummer because it was one of the few places where you could take the exam on a Saturday.
    Thumbs up the Prometric for being so professional about it though.

Steve

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, CCSA
  2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Bit of a bummer to see test centers shutting and I still feel Microsoft made a big mistake in stop using VUE. It's caused me problems in where to take tests and I find Prometrics website really flaky as it won't allow me to reschedule tests online as it says there are no test dates available when there is. Anyways glad you got it sorted...:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's another problem with Prometric that I forget about. I would prefer if MS went back to using Vue. Much better customer service in my opinion.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. oliness

oliness Bit Poster

Yes that is the test centre I go to as well! I got a call saying they had closed. It's very annoying, looks like I'll have to skiive off Fridays to take the exam :twisted:

(Joking, there's another centre I know that does sats, they're just a lot further away).

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

My local university uses Vue, i have one prometric centre locally, a few in leeds, one was in Chesterfield but its moved to Nottingham by the looks of it.

I too think the movedidnt really have much consideration for test takers, and i spoke to a microsoft rep about this (he was ringing my old company about some licensing) and he said they had no idea why theyd done it.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  6. oliness

oliness Bit Poster

Just another swipe at Prometric for their legion of haters :p (and I'm one of them, when I took the exams with Vue they ran much more smoothly). On their site informing me I needed to reschedule they managed to spell "Closed" wrong! Apparently the centre I went to has now "CLSOED" :ohmy

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE