Terminal Services Link - iPad App

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by Fergal1982, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Gents (specifically Phoenix im guessing),

Our company uses Juniper to provide a secure gateway into some of our resources (files, email, etc).

One of the abilities that the gateway has, is to launch a Terminal Services connection on a users machine, linked through to an internal resource.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any iOS apps that can intercept that link and launch it in itself? Since its trying to launch Terminal Services, and the iPad doesnt have it, it obviously fails.

There are a multitude of terminal services apps around, but it needs to be able to launch from the link, rather than have you manually enter a connection string.

Long shot, but worth a try...

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I am not even sure if the iOS can even launch applications based on extensions (either .lnk or .rdp).

Can you not add the link as a favourite on one of the many RDP apps (WinAdmin or iTAP or even Wyse Pocket Cloud)?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Unfortunately not, as the link that it being generated Hashes to the session and computer.

However, I found the Junos Pulse app, that allows you to connect in (Setting up some sort of VPN connection), and then run an RDP app off the back off it.

Now to work out why the connection is erroring, and see what the guys would need to do to enable it (then convince them to do it)...

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present