TechNet Discount Code

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by DJ Prem, Feb 12, 2007.

1. DJ Prem

DJ Prem Bit Poster

If anyone has a TechNet Discount code please PM as I'm looking to sign up need a bit of money savings thank to anyone who can help, who know I might even pay you a small amount :p

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Can you get a discount code to sign up to Technet with?:blink

3. DJ Prem

DJ Prem Bit Poster

Yes, when you select the Country there is a text box beneath it which says Promotion Code. :biggrin only problem is getting the code. :(

4. Gaiden

Gaiden Bit Poster

I'm also looking for a TechNet subscription code. If your able to find one could you also let me know.
    Many thanks.

Certifications: MCSA, Security+
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I believe there is a technet code in last months Technet magazine, when I go back to work on Wednesday I check to see if I still have the mag handy, as we tend to bliz the workshop every so often.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

I too am interested so any info would be appreciated.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  7. Gaiden

Gaiden Bit Poster

I've been searching for a code for a long time now and still can't find anything that gives me a discount.
    I've found this code though: TNFR3DEAL which gives you 3 months extra free when you purchase a 1 year subscription (in other words you get 15 months for the price of 12).

8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

How "legal" is that code? Will it put the forums at risk in anyway? :rolleyes:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  9. Gaiden

Gaiden Bit Poster

The code is fully "legal".
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.aspx states: "Download Windows Server 'Longhorn' Beta 2 from TechNet Plus Direct. Sign up today and receive 15 months for the price of 12 (promotional code:TNFR3DEAL)."

10. Kitkatninja

Just got into work, sorry guys/gals it looks like we threw out the mag already :(

To keep up to date with MS stuff you could subscribe to the technet mag here: www.microsoft.com/uk/technetmagazine

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  11. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I have the Technet Magazine infront of me here, and although there is a page telling you all about how good a Technet Subscription is and why you should get one there is no discount code offered.

12. DJ Prem

DJ Prem Bit Poster

Perfectly legal and also featured on the TechNet Newsletter which I've just recieved.

13. Kitkatninja

It may not have been the feb issue, may have been the previous months :blink I tend to lose track of months :oops:

-ken

14. Gaiden

Gaiden Bit Poster

Right, guess i'll just have to fork out the money for this subscription, plus 15 months should be just perfect enough for all the different flavours of windows server to be out fully, so i can get testing and preparing for some certification examinations.