Taking exam. Today later on! May 07

Discussion in 'A+' started by skieslord, May 7, 2008.

1. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

Skieslord, here's a question for you. In the 601 exam, did you face a question that was Vista-related?

I'm starting to panic. I am doing my 601 on the 24th of October, this month. And I've recently heard that you need to know Vista as of June 2007...I haven't done anything in terms of revision regarding Vista, as it wasn't in the books that I've used (Jean Andrews A+ in Depth and MM Passport).

Just wondering what to do, brush Vista aside and hope for the best? Or panic like hell and try and do something about it....?

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Suggest you start a new thread and ask your question - it's more likely to get read/noticed

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Can anyone answer that question without stretching the confidentiality agreement?!

What I will say is, I've never seen Vista mentioned in any of the A+ exam objectives on the official CompTIA site. I know these are the 2006 Objectives, but it says at the top: "CompTIA A+ Essentials (2007 Edition) exams are based on these objectives".
    The OS objectives (3.x) specifically states that by OS they mean 2K, XP-Pro, XP-Home & XP-MCE - plus in the objective about upgrading (3.2), it says "references to upgrading from Windows 95 and NT may be made". As far as I can see, there's no mention of Vista ANYWHERE in the objectives. Zip.

I'll also say, I didn't study Vista at all, and I passed the exam.
    I think it's safe not to worry.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?