Sysvol share

Discussion in 'Software' started by mojorisin, May 4, 2007.

1. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Hi All

I placed a jpg file in the sysvol scripts folder (stupidly) so that all users could see it to pick up there desktop image only problem being it now shows when they are logging on after they put in there password

I have removed the GP and deleted the file from the sysvol share but it keeps showing on the desktops when logging in before going to the correct desktop file stored elsewhere

Its like what happens when you click set as desktop when on a webpage and then its stuck there and you cant get rid of it unless you click something else less annoying

any ideas ?

cheers
    Mojo

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Have you tired manually forcing the policy to refresh?

Might have to try this one out! :biggrin

3. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

I have changed the policy and forced the resfresh and it picks up the new one and displays it on the desktop the problem is when you do the ctrl+alt delete to logon it shows up this previous screen full size then reverts to the normal desktop

Also when the screensaver kicks in after five mins it is set to lock the pc and it shows this image again

Is the same as would happen if you set a webpage as your desktop it seems impossible to get rid of :blink

Is there a regkey for this ?

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100