Problem Sync Center in Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Networks' started by michael78, Jun 27, 2011.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Guys anyone come across issues with Sync Center. We recently migrated to Windows 7 and have a folder redirection for their my documents folder and it's set to be available offline. Some people when working offline have crosses against some of their folders. I've checked and the parent folder is set to be available offline through Group Policy and there is enough hard drive space allocated for offline files. Permissions are also fine and I've made sure a sync has taken place and no issues have been reported by sync center. Any ideas? Also does anyone know where you find the events in event viewer for Sync Centre as I can't find it.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. michael78

Anyone?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Have you checked that the user has "list folder content" on the parent folder where there folder is stored?

Certifications: A few.
  4. michael78

Rob they have permissions up to modify mate.

5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Have you tried completely disabling offline files and then setting them back up again? I have noticed in the past that sometimes this can resolve the issues, not sure how or where it gets stuck, but worked in the past for us (Using 2003 and XP) before we took the decision to completely get rid of offline files due to head aches like this!

6. michael78

Simon cheers for the reply mate. Think I'll do just that and see how that goes. To be honest I've ran out of options as I've tried everything else