Sybex book/labs

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Japanese Elvis, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Japanese Elvis

Japanese Elvis Nibble Poster

I've just started studying for Network+, and I'm thinking that maybe some kind of virtual lab type thing might be a good idea.

I've read that some folks prefer David Groth to Mike Myers when it comes to N+, but does anyone have any specific comments to make on the lab simulation part of this package??

http://www.sybex.com/sybexbooks.nsf/booklist/4416

Thanks.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCSA Server 2003
    WIP: Get a job?
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Whilst I've never read that book, so I can't comment on the lab elements of it I would think that a virtual lab for the Network+ syllabus would be very difficult to implement.

A lot of the material covered by the Network+ is the kind of thing that needs physical contact to really understand it. For instance it is very difficult to understand the differences between which types of cable connectors to use unless you can physically see them.

Perhaps someone who has used the book may be able to say otherwise?

8)

3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd agree with simon. I'm lucky - I have very many types of connector available for close study.

*No* book seems to have adequate photography of such items - and I have to say that photographing such things is a definite art!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+