SWTOR Early Access

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Phoenix, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Oh dear
    in the last week I bought Skyrim, and got Early Access on SWTOR
    Guess there goes my free time
    and work time
    and life

but I'm heading to Boise for over a week so I won't have much access DOHHHHH lol

On a NA server called Wall of Light i think of any Republic folks wanna play :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Nice! I don't know if I should get SWOTR... I already got Skyrim, WoW, and other games on Xbox, plus studying, work and going with friends and girl would render my life pretty busy... Don't even know if I could squeeze in the time for SWOTR...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

had early acces first day... then forgot my security question when i had teh CE version delivered! Lost 2 days as couldnt get through to thier customer services to fix it. Last attempt was on phone for hour an half! But yeah once back in, lost all track of time! 15 hours on sunday in one hit. Havent even got as far as i did in beta yet at same lvl. Off work till thursday now, sposed to go christmas shopping.... but games given me an excuse to avoid any crowds.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

i gots me a ship! yay

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

My missus got me TOR for christmas. Curse her! I was trying to hold off, and not get sucked into it.

Fired it on today, and just finished after getting onto the Imperial Fleet. Playing a Bounty Hunter on Frostclaw, heading down the Mercenary/Bodyguard route for healing. Fairly happy with my progress so far. I love Mako - her personality seems to work well with mine. The only issue, is that she seems to be more of a healer, which renders her essentially useless for me. Shame really, but we'll have to wait and see what happens with the others.

I was bowled over by the queues on the server though (I could have gone with a quieter server, but a mate of mine is in a guild on Frostclaw, so I figured I would start out on it. Joined the queue in 300th, and took about half an hour to get logged in. It's just a shame it wouldn't let me create my character during that time...

Time will tell if I stick with the game long term, but early signs say yes!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I have 4 toons on Nightmare Lands, probably the busiest server on there! Early morning sometimes i can get in with no wait other times its around 15 mins. But in afternoons its been upwards of an hour sometimes! This server nearly always has a queue every day, always shows full. I joined it as at the time it wasnt full (had 7 days EA then ) and the PCG guild is on there which i'm a member of. Its probably the worst thing about the game, having to wait, with no chance to mess with character creation or anything while waiting.
    The game it self is good, not fantastic, amazing, this years big thing, just good, ok, great. Theres minor things that let it down such as crafting, your companions (some are next to useless others just get in the way) and the simplified combat. But teh story arcs are what make this game. I'm playing a Sith Assasain and already have had to kill several Sith Lords just to progress!

There have been comparisions to both WOW and SWG. The look is definatley WOWish, and teh only thing i think that ties it to SWG is that its Star Wars, the two are completely different. SWG was more open sandbox univerese where you could do almost anyting you wanted, such as dance in cantinas for money, spend days looking for rare materials to manufacture droids in teh new factory you'd built etc, where as SWTOR is more story line driven, so you have to do mission a then B to progress and a Sith cant dance for money.

Is it a WOW beater? Proabbly not to be honest. Will it grow? Hopefully. Will i still be playing in a year? Well its star wars! Lets see shall we?

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  7. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

What's it like chaps, been holding of as I would probably end up divorced if I started playing this.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  8. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

In all honesty Cragie, its really good, but doesnt "feel" like an MMO to more. More like Knights of the old Republic 3 with people around. The class stories are nicely done and all quests have voiced bookend conversations.

I've no problem running it on my machine which is a few years old now but it runs just fine.

I'm having fun with it, just stay clear of the offical forums - never have I seen so much whinging...

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I actually have the Collectors Edition and haven't played it yet (box is still sealed even :o). Been enjoying some WoW time with the wife occasionally (and when I say WoW I do mean World of Warcraft, I am married after all and that other wow all stops after the first couple of years :().

I guess at some point I should unwrap the box and play the game a bit more (I got the early access and played for a couple of hours but that stopped shortly after release).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  10. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

The thing I like is that there is a story, an honest to god proper story. So far the two toons I have in the late teens early 20s a good story too.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012