submitted CV .. should I follow up?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by nick9one1, Aug 13, 2012.

1. nick9one1

nick9one1 Bit Poster

I've recently applied for a position through an agency. The agency phoned me almost immediately, and said my CV looks great. They asked me a few questions and said they would put forward me for the role, also saying I'm the best candidate she has seen so far. (Quite a few people have applied and had interviews but not got the position).

It within an hour I had a phonecall back, the agency told me the company had requested more details on my current responsibilities and the agency suggested expanding a bullet pointed list of my current role with a sentence or two under each.

Since then I've not heard anything. I've contacted the agency a couple of times and they promised to chase up, but still haven't heard anything.

I've now been offered a position for another company. But I would much prefer this role. I've explained this to the agency but still haven't heard anything back.

Obviously time is running out and I'm considering contacting the company directly. Is this a good idea?

2. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

I dont think youve got anything to lose really, just explain the situation to them that your contacting them directly as you keep asking for information from the agency and your not getting any feedback. Worst case scenario is that they say sorry the position is filled now and you take the other job.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101