Stumble on me

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by zxspectrum, Mar 15, 2006.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hi people , i hope this is the right forum

Right many of you will know of an attachment called stumbleupon . com. You download it and stick it in your tool bar and it takes you to your preference of sites, (though it does give you some spyware issues - just warning you all). basically ill come to a funny site , i think the last one that made me roar was 5 cats singin the charlies angels song lol. Anyway id love to be able to make one of these site, but when i click view source i get a load of pap about macromedia player, now i know that its incorporated into the page , but id like to know how it all comes about , it would be a nice litle project for me to do . Any ideas folks

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Chances are that It's all wrote using Flash.

The best way to learn Flash - Use it. Also buy a copy of a book on using Flash. Amazon should be able to help!

3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

personally i think flash is a nice product, and certainly has its merrits. there used to be a lot of pure flash only sites (check the bombshock awards recap forum over at the ultrashock for examples), but their popularity has been waning after the reinvigorated surge for bare xhtml/css compliant pages, and especially the web2.0 ajax hype.

flash still has a lot of potential, if used for the right reasons. it's backed by the reasonably powerful actionscript. macromedia (original developer of flash) has been bought by adobe late last year, so i guess we'll have to wait what their plans are with it.