Stuffed

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Leehaa, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Just general weight loss.

I am going to make an effort in the new year (yeah, yeah) to make sure the 15 that was last year, that is 16 this year doesn't turn in to 17 stone!

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Just PM'd you!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Alla you Brits talking about stone this, stone that... I just HAD to find out how many stone I weigh... looks like about 14.5. Hope to someday return to hovering slightly above 13 stone.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Wow - 13 stone is verging on skinny for a man if you're 5 "8" or taller!! (suppose it depends on muscle mass, body fat percentage etc etc though!!)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

13 stone is 182 pounds... I'd like to be 185. Presently at 205. I'm 5'10".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

I agree. I remember when I was coming to the end of Primary school; all the new starters started off metric and metric only.

Although some things in the UK are metric, I believe some will always remain fractional;

* A pint of milk
    * A gallon of petrol (even though the forecourts advertise the price per litre!)
    * A pint of beer
    * 15 Stone in weight
    * 6 feet tall
    the list goes on........

I remember going on a week course with my old employer which envolved some maths. By Friday morning something happend involving fractions and the instructor was amazed I knew what he was talking about - he thought I was too young, and outside the *era*

Si

7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

I wish. :x

6' 1" and 15St 10lb

8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Hopefully that will never change! I did have a discussion with the wife about this in the pub the other day. I wanted to know what guy invented the ‘pint’ of beer; surely this guy is a legend? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Absolutely. A litre of beer is better, but doesn't sound the same. :biggrin

Si

10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

True, I remember being in France last year and being asked if I wanted a medium or large beer.

I didn’t have a clue what large was and ordered it and it ended up being around 2 pints! Although it was a good laugh the beer was flat by the time I got to the end so I ended up drinking ‘quickly’ for the next few rounds. Dunno how I got to the airport the next day and it was a very early flight! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Excellent! "Get it down you" :)

The last time I went to France was Paris. It was a great visit (purely work :morebeer), although I had a shock at the prices. A Stella (tasted a lot better than over here) and a short was £10! - that was six years ago!

Si

12. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Ah - but did you try the food? In a good place the prices put the UK to shame for value!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  13. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Not outside the hotel unfortunately.

We skipped the croissants and went for the *full* english. This got us through the liquid lunch, and work until dinner at the hotel.

Have you been there recently Harry? When I visited it was still on the Franc (check spelling), so not sure if the Euro has had any change to pricing..

Si

14. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I have been a couple of times since the change. Prices slightly higher, but with care *still* beats the pants off many UK places.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  15. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Agreed. I lived there for a couple of years and although drinking is more expensive in bars, food and wine in restaurants is far cheaper than the UK. As is the price of beer and wine in supermarkets. I think the reason for high prices in bars is due to higher business taxes. Everything else tends to be cheaper than here too, electrical appliances, petrol etc.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270