Study Plan

Discussion in 'Network+' started by SamuelClyde, Dec 21, 2005.

1. SamuelClyde

SamuelClyde Nibble Poster

Without the slight prod in the right direction a paid course would provide, im finding just reading parts of the Sybex book now and again to be alittle...Jolty?

So, I decided. I need alittle more dicipline in my self study.

At the moment, Im thinking the following idea. Doing a Chapter a week. Or say, One day in the week.

So, Read the chapter, Write down plenty of notes. Go over it, go over it, go over it. Do the Chapter Review test. and let it all sink in.

Any other idea's or suggestions on how I should learn the material?

WIP: GCSE's / Network +
  2. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

er, practice everything as you read it?
    makes it alot more fun and you will remember it better than just by reading it.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I agree with Omni Sam, keep it real, do the hands on thing as much as possible or you won't remember the stuff for the future.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. SamuelClyde

I could incoprate that into the plan rather easly i suppose

So, as of now its: Study a chapter a week, while performing physical activies on my VM's as they crop up in the book. Then Cometh the end of the week, Do the Review test, and if not 100% plan to revise the chapter at a later date.

Something along those lines anyway :)

5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sounds like a good plan to me! :biggrin

6. SamuelClyde

Well ive just started, Im reading though Chapter one, And taking plenty of notes in a Note pad I just bought specially :)

I can feel the Newbieness Dissolving away (Hah, Long way to go yet)

7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Sam,

In my opinon you might be better off reading the All in one by Mike Myers first.

I find he makes it nice, easy reading while covering all the topics. If you want to cover any/all off the topics in more depth then the Sybex will do just that for you.

I read the Sybex book first and am now on the All in One myself and wish i did it the other way around.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT