Study Materials. Switch or Stay

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Jaron78, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

Working towards the N+ 006.
    Using the Official Press Book and Messer.

On the way to work and the way home, I am reading the book (iPad is WiFi ony).
    During my lunch I am watching Messer.

Now, is it worth just concentrating on 1 set of study material then going onto the other? i.e. just concentrate on the book first, then reinforce that with Messer?

What works for you?

Cheers

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Funny you should mention this as its a problem I am having right now with my ITIL studies, I think overall its better to stick to one thing and then after completion move onto another.I guess it depends on whether the material can relate to each other as just like physical teachers, resources teach things differently.

Jaron78 likes this.
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

To be honest if you can afford more material, I always think its a good idea to skim another book or source because I find on the second take, after reading the first, I get a little confidence boost because it makes more sense as you've already learned a bit. That being said, like anything in life, there's no guarantee as you might have read a book that's perfect for you then pick a really dry book that you just can't get through, but the reverse can also be true. One thing I would say is stay within some sort of budget with these things. Even if you have a little spare cash, don't go blowing a fortune on one exam as you'll likely fill up your house and it will cost you a fortune over the years. If you feel you have it nailed I'd leave it there, or buy some mock exams from the likes of measure up (more money :S). It's all an investment in yourself of course so never a waste of money at all, if you use it, but that's my 2 cents and it's served me well. As said in a previous thread, year or two all of these £40 books are worth 40p. Cheers, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Jaron78 likes this.
  4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Excellent as always chaps.

Thank you very much.

JK2447 likes this.