struggling with first attempt at comptia a+

Discussion in 'A+' started by CareerChange, Oct 8, 2019.

1. CareerChange

CareerChange Bit Poster

quite a few exams in it, got any sources akin to mike myers/prof messer?

2. CareerChange

CareerChange Bit Poster

quite a few exams in it, got any sources akin to mike myers/prof messer?

3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

not sure what resources you are looking for..
    you can just do 1/2 relevant MTA exams Id say the OS and Networking one.. but the Server one is also good.

You really should just Google revision materials tbh as thats where I’d provide you the sources from. Have a look into Udemy and Safri books (which offer a ten day free trial) as they both provide revision material for all the MTA exams mentioned. Its up to you if you want to carry on with the A+ but tbh you seem to have enough resources to pass it, just seems like you are struggling with the material so maybe its not the exam for you and you should alter your strategy.

Its worth mentioning that if you are not employed and on job seekers allowance you might be able to get funding for some training like a college course in IT so have a look into that.

4. Steve Waugh

Steve Waugh Banned

Good Morning,

I would suggest you try Professor Steven Kaminsky exam preparation site certification review platform.
    Get the latest CompTIA exam detail information about exam details, exam scope, exam objective and the best way of exam preparation.

Kind Regards

Steve Waugh

5. redfoot12

redfoot12 New Member

Not sure if OP is still looking into A+, but I understand the struggle. I found the A+ more difficult than Network+
    In 2000, I passed the Operating Systems portion of the exam but failed hardware (friggin' printers section got me both times!).
    I was also going to school full-time, so I took a break from A+ studying. I finally returned to it in 2003 and passed.
    I mainly used two books, Mike Meyers' All-In-One and Passport. I read each book once and then would refer to the Passport as a quick reference. I purchased some practice tests and took those until I could pass those consistently.

6. CareerChange

CareerChange Bit Poster

my exam for 1001 is tomorrow. booked orignally for last week but i wasnt ready. not too confident for tomorrow but i have put it off long enough. it cost me £160 which is quite expensive. But i have been studying for over 2 months now.

7. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

How did it go?

8. CareerChange

CareerChange Bit Poster

passed just 692. whilst i have learnt some stuff im not sure how valuable it actually will be in the workplace. But ive spend alot of time on this now so i might aswell complete it

JK2447 likes this.
  9. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congratulations on your pass buddy. I'm sure the knowledge will be useful and will look well on your CV

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs