Problem Streaming web content to my ps3

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Johnd76, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Hi folks,

Well my problem is i cant seem to stream web content from my laptop to my ps3, I have dowloaded ps3 MediaServer.....For example i want to watch some video from the website twit.tv but watch it on my big screen, but just cant seem to get it to work.

Now some may say, "just hook up your laptop to the tele" used to have it like that but looked very untidy so i have jigged my room about and now the tele is on the other side of the room.

Anyone got any answers?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

In my experience it takes a while after switching on to find it, then it just appears. I use TVersity.

Make sure the ports are open on your laptop and your router though.

3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Thanks for the reply, well I got it on my TV, i just went to the website on my ps3 and dowloaded it from there onto my PS3....but god it was slow

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I've used PS3 MediaServer to stream videos from my PC, but not from the web. I never had any major issues.. Sometimes the PS3 is not detected on my PC, but the video stream is pretty smooth. I also use a wired network connection not wireless.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

yeah no problem with video or music or pictures but was just wondered why i couldnt do a website...the browser on the PS3 is very slow, so that why i didnt want to use that