Strange interview coming up

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by skulkerboyo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If he is one... I'm not so sure I'd want to come to work every day to have to deal with that sort of... BS. :blink

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Don't mean to come across negative but most IT recruitment personnel would get you to carry out a simplified research on a technical area or software. The reason being that they use the info attained to talk the talk when talking to more technical potential candidates etc. To be honest you might as well go for it as you don't have much to loose, best wishes.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Fair point Boson but at this stage beggars cant be choosers. Like Onoski said "nothing to lose". This time last week I was on the verge of giving up the search then two of the sods land at once. Still if he is bullshittermus Prime the least I can do is concoct an array of very fiendish questions for him.

To my laboratory BWAHAHAHA:twisted:

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Might want to ask him if they use TS or Citrix, if so which one did they go for and why. *Generally* its down to cost but if this guy has the £££ for RAID 10 then there is probably a Citrix farm hiding somewhere! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. skulkerboyo

Cheers guys. Had a great suggestion earlier about remoteapp in server 08 and its implications. Hmm a Citrix farm? Do they grow Citrus's. Sorry guys its late didnt mean to drop that lemon (oh dear). Feel free to ban me

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  6. Sparky

Have you been drinking? :alc

hee hee! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  7. skulkerboyo

Maybe a lil too much coffee

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Up to a point, yes. But there are some jobs that simply aren't worth taking. You won't realize this until you actually end up with one of them... and I hope that it never, ever happens to you, mate. :)

Not saying you shouldn't pursue this opportunity... only you know what you can put up with. Just saying that everything in IT isn't wine and roses... it can sometimes be downright horrible, with the wrong company.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. skulkerboyo

I think I know what you mean Boson. I am a little twitchy about this one but trust myself enough to get out if a work environment is "toxic":sick or I'm being led in the wrong direction. Could well be a turd this job.
    The other one though is for IOP publishing and they seem like a great place to work. That ones for Desktop support analyst and its the one I'd like to get. Everythings right about it. The job spec, location and the pay.
    Ultimately we'll just have to wait and see if I get an offer for either. Thanks for the input guys:biggrin

10. skulkerboyo

OOPS I now have 3 interviews on the same day. Got a call yesterday for a third one. They're all nicely spaced out through the day though. I'll keep you posted people

11. Sparky

Hope all goes well mate :biggrin

12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You must have a *great* CV. Maybe you should give lessons. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. skulkerboyo

It is coming a bit thick an fast at the moment.:D and about time. As for my CV I posted last week for help on it and its still viewable for anyone that wants a look. Really its the first proper CV I've done. Not sure its that great though.
    Here it is
    These jobs all came in off the back of that version as I've not had the time to make changes to it. Gonna spend tonight (nightshift) revising potential technical int q's an going over things that have gotten misty. I'm concerned that my knowledge in areas will fade because its taken so long to get to this stage. Preparation Preparation Preparation.