**Stolen** Honda Accord Sport 1.8

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by madman045, Nov 26, 2007.

1. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

Panic over, Seems it hasn't been stolen, the policed authorized it to be taken away due to obstructing a drive, which is rubbish as to be honest the railings don't look like a driveway and there are always cars there, including another one right now, but today there is a hand painted sign saying no parking outside the gate. Also the police did nothing to contact us with regards to moving it and it had been there for less than 24hrs...

So now we have to try and find £112 to have it released and we have to wait until tomorrow to collect it.

So i will be filing an official complaints form too

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that your car was stolen, hope is found soon. I know of someone recently in London, south east not too far from Peckham left he's car engine running for 2 to 5 minutes and car was gone. It was an Audit one of these sporty type and cost £££. Although, it was he's own ignorant fault the car was recovered after 4 months or so dumped.

I'm not trying to frighten you but it makes you wonder if the police in the UK and DVLA are really up to scale when it comes to stolen cars. In the case of the above person the number plate was not changed so don't know how it took them that long or still couldn't find the car and t he idiots rightfully dumped it to he's great surprise as insurance wasn't going to pay him a dime. He is a christian so didn't want to lie about how the car was stolen.

Well, take heart and hope your car is recovered soon, was car parked on the side road?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Sorry to hear about your car.

But I agree with onoski the British police are usless as well as the DVLA, so unless they dump your car which is unlikley you will probably never see it again.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Police arent so good that they can memorise the hundreds of thousands of number plates of cars that get stolen, and then identify them at a glance. Cut them some slack! - Nice to know that you have a photographic memory that you can remember every piece of ancillary information you might possibly need during your day, but some of us on this planet are less perfect!

The police are actually in the process of implementing technology in their cars that reads all the numberplates of the cars around them, and flags any that are listed as stolen/no tax/etc, which helps them no end. Also, the traffic division cops tend to have keen senses about cars that 'feel' wrong, but traffic cops are only a minority.

Hope they catch the light fingered gits with the car in hand.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Eh?

What's everyone going on about????!??

Sorry to hear about your bad luck - typical that other cars were parked there fine, but they decided to pick on yours....ah well, hopefully after all the hassle you'll be able to get your money back!! Good Luck!!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  6. greenbrucelee

Its not the fact that they can't remember the number plates and id a stolen car at a glance, its because they seem to not do anything about it because they are more interested in fining speeders or they are not able to because of red tape.

I know a few coppers and half them couldn't catch a real criminal if the crim walked into their how was with a t-shirt on saying I am a criminal.

If that technology comes into use then hopefully it will cut the number of thefts.

7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Fergal, whilst there is some truth is what you have stated above. However, judging from the amount of money they receive from us the tax payers, council tax and even some tax from motor insurance company's am not impressed.

There are several hundreds of cctv one of the most populated in the whole of Europe and your point is cut them a slack?

I do however, believe that they have the technology but need to use your personnel and man power appropriately.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Woo...

What's going on?
    A stolen car that wasn't stolen?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. greenbrucelee

No a car was stolen and the police of useless is whats going on :)

10. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Methinks, GBL, that you need to reread the opening post on this thread. No car was stolen. It was impounded by the police for being parked in a way that it blocked a driveway.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  11. greenbrucelee

post was edited I never noticed.

12. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Well, I guess that explains a few people going on about a stolen car then.... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1