Stock Market

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by flex22, Oct 26, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Has anyone ever dabbled in the stock market.

Just curious.

2. christof

christof Nibble Poster

That's one of the things I did a few years back to boost my income.

Are you thinking of having a go?

Certifications: certificate of life!!!
    WIP: A+
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I've been tidying some clutter today, and have a letter I got sent from MCI about some software the developed for making money from the Stock Market.

I do find this stuff interesting, so thought I'd post here out of curiosity.

So come on then, did you make any moolah:!: £££££££ :p

4. christof

christof Nibble Poster

I never made a fortune, but I made a wage for the period I did it.

I spent alot of time doing swatting up before I started though. It's far to easy to loose everything you have.

I never used any of these software packages about, I just read and used common sense.

www.iii.co.uk check out this site, excellent for everything to do with the markets. You can register and use the virtual portfolio to test any systems your thinking of.

5. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the link.

Well fro all the hard work I've put in, my employers are laying me off at the end of November.But hey if it makes Tony Blairsh!te look good by cutting the number of civil servants, then I'm sure he's worth voting for eh :thumbleft

Believe me if I was to do this, I would seriously swat up lol.I'd be in waterstones half the day in the economy section lol.

I've always planned to swat up on economics/finances after I've finished my current studies.But heck might start earlier, depends on circumstances.
    Again thanks for the link, and I'm sure I'll have other questions to ask soon enough.

6. christof

christof Nibble Poster

Just remembered a good book for you to read.

Jack Schwagner : The New Market Wizards.

Very good book. You might pick up some ideas in there, other than that they are just a collection of inspirational stories.

I found them a very good read.