Still Looking for Job/experience

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by rocker, May 21, 2012.

1. rocker

rocker New Member

Has anyone ever used a recruitment business/agency to get an entry level IT support role? If so does anyone have any recommendations?

2. ITdave

ITdave New Member

Hi,

I after a long battling struggle have got my entry level job offer just over 2 weeks ago now.

There are many places to look, monster, reed, jobserve ( <-- my personal favorite ) and also local recruitment agents to wherever you live.

Recruitment companies are frustrating to deal with and often communication is very poor leaving the applicant frustrated. However this in this economic climate this is something that has to be put up with in my oppinion. At the end of the day they hold all the cards ie the position, unless its a very specific role.

Dont just use job sites though, i sent numerous c.v's out to schools, colleges and local government agencies aswell who sometimes dont use external recruitment.

Linkedin is also good as alot of recruiters are on there. network with everyone, you never know who is searching for yo

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 70-685
    rocker likes this.
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Just to add - CWJobs (computer world jobs) and JobSearch are highly recommended from myself. I had a lot of feedback from both those sites when applying for roles late last year.

An extremely underused tool that got me my current job. It also provided me all the research I needed for my interviews and knowing my team leader (his certifications, personal website and job history)

8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
    rocker likes this.