Stay put or move on?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Fanatical, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

got the job I wanted and the agency guy got me 1.5K over the original salary offer AND a £500 bonus after my first year! Thats goign to be nearly 7K more than I earn now! happy happy days! now to let down people gentley....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats! In today's climate that is a remarkable result!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

I like to think that I interview very well, having a background in performing arts I'm not phased by talking to people in these kind of situations. I'm also prepared to do anything they require me to do and always state I'm open to do other aspects of a companies work if need be. Plus I'm always honest which shows, I think employers are more impressed by you teling them a honest truth about a lack of knowledge or skill that by someone who seems to say "oh yes I can do that" to every question. Plus don't be nervous or at least come across as nervous, they called you in so it's them who want you which is worth remembering.

4. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

last day at the old job today, leaving with a little sadness at leaving a few of the people but really excited about my new job. I'll give you all an update after my first day...:biggrin

5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Your buying the cakes in then! hope you have a great last day and your team have got you a spiffing leaving gift.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  6. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

okso first day was....uneventfull. Spent most of the time reading manuals on the product that my boss wants me to become proficient at first. Still seems like a nice little team and I'm sure it'll get more interesting once I start getting used to the software and start taking calls. Plus I'm sure the first pay packet will be a big incentive.

7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Job's can be quite slow to start. See what happens, it'll get more interesting I assure you!

The social side of the job is probably my favourite aspect... after all the cool techy stuff obviously

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

seconded, I'm in the same position.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3