Starting the CCNA

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by tobrien1, Jun 8, 2011.

1. tobrien1

tobrien1 New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I'm just finishing up my MCSE (last exam, finally!). I'm looking to get booked onto a CCNA classroom based course in the next couple of weeks. I've been doing a bit of reading on here and it seems the best way to learn, alongside the books, is to get some of your own lab equipment to practice and configure. I've done a little bit of configuring cisco equipement before but I don't really know which models are suitable for the CCNA. Could anyone point me in the right direction to what I should be looking out for? I've seen there are 'CCNA Lab Starter Kits' on eBay but thought it would be best to get some proper advice before going and spending any more money!

Cheers :)
    Tom.

Certifications: MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Look for the seller "irp70" on ebay the kit he sells is good :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. nomadic

nomadic Bit Poster

Hi Tom i found a chap selling equipment at a reasonable price and he also advised me on what to buy for the exam too. havent connected anything up as i am also new to this and havent a clue what i should be doing so also looking for some guidance. the guys details are as follows. [email protected] or [email protected] and telephone number is 07984207608. cant remember his name though. sorry. hope you get some help. cheers graham

WIP: ccna
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

You would be better PM'ing that info and not putting on a public forum. Especially email addresses which will likely get picked up by webbots and spammed like crazy ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

This! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  6. tobrien1

tobrien1 New Member

Certifications: MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA