Starting A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by AvD, Jan 25, 2008.

1. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

although i've been studying A+ electronically. i can now offically say the learning has begun.
    as of 3 minutes ago i ordered 2 books off amazon (and paid £9 shipping, man am i mental but its for next day before 1pm which is perfect, as i'll get it when i'm not at work! otherwise i am sure they would have been stolen)

the books i ordered were:

A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition (All-In-One)
    Mike Meyers; Hardcover; £17.48

PC Technician Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to CompTIA A+® Skills: A Real World Guide to CompTIA A+ Skills
    James Pyles; Paperback; £12.99

so tomorrow will be a wonderful day as i can study off paper instead of a lcd screen. (which for me is comfort as at home i use a coffee table as a desk.... i do need to sort that lol)

but a thanks to the people on this board, as i would have been lost on what to buy otherwise and brought crap, wasted money and ever given up or been naughty and aquired it online.
    but now i can feel safe and warm that i've got the books i need, and its 100% legal.
    so thanks guys and gals. next to come in my many questions i am sure that will arise during my studies

WIP: A+, MCAD
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good choices on the books, they are both excellent and James Pyles (tripwire45) is a member here. Good luck with it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

If you have not done already google A+.
    Plenty of sites offering advice & mock tests, of course apart from this excellent site.:D
    And it's often a way to gauge how well or bad your doing.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  4. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

£17.98 ...feel a bit gutted cause I got it just before christmas at the origional price lol.

Good luck with your studying.. excellent book I'm finding :)

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of sites offering mock tests are, in fact, resources to help you cheat on the exam by offering the actual exam questions. If you use them, you can get decertified for life. Not worth the risk to your career.

I'd recommend that you stick with trusted resources, like what you just bought. Learn the right way, and you won't regret it. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The Meyers book comes with a CD containing mock testing software so that's a good place to start. Thanks for buying the PC Street Smarts book. Hope it's helpful. :)

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

i am sure it will do, i've read so many good reviews on this forum, i can't go wrong!

WIP: A+, MCAD
  8. iRock

iRock Nibble Poster

Waiting for my copy from Amazon too. Will be here on Monday ;)

Certifications: MCP (270,290), MCTS Vista
    WIP: 291,293,297
  9. stubbs89

stubbs89 Bit Poster

sorry to hijack the thread a little but on the amazon page for mike meyers all in one book there is a video clip does anybody know where that videos from? is it a dvd of his you can get i can't seem to find such a thing.
    A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition

thank you

Certifications: none
  10. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Probably from his company "Total Seminars". Try here.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+